The trend of styling a dress over jeans is perfect for days when you just can’t seem to figure out what to wear to be comfortable in the in-between spring temperatures. I’m always cold and wearing basic skinny jeans under this printed off-the-shoulder dress proved just about perfect to keep me warm while out and about.
This ruffle-sleeve sweater is my new spring obsession. It is so cozy and instantly adds a bit of flare to your outfit. Ruffles are everywhere this season and this pretty pastel purple is the perfect way to tie in color to an otherwise basic outfit.
We’ve had a pretty mild winter here in Denver but there’s just something about full-on Spring! I’m really enjoying the warm weather, longer days and love that everything is so beautiful in bloom this time of year. Driving by these blossoming trees in my neighborhood puts a smile on my face each day! Pink is one of my favorite colors in any shade and I’m so happy that it’s everywhere this season in nature and in fashion.
I say, all lace-up everything! I just added this long-sleeve ribbed dress to my rotation and I really appreciate that it’s such a classic piece. The ribbing creates a very flattering fit and I absolutely love the lace-up neckline with gold grommets. It’s so on trend yet classic, and perfect for summer and the months leading up to it.
Although it feels more like winter in Denver now than it did just last week, I wanted to share my Spring 2017 Shoe Wish List! I’ve been stocking up on nude block-heel sandals as seen on my Instagram. Typically I gravitate towards neutral shoes but I’ve also really been loving footwear with a pop of pink. Pink pairs with almost everything so try this season’s perfect pastel pink tennis shoes, rose mid-calf boots, fuchsia lace-ups, or blush mules. Spring shoes are all about the details with fringe, fur and floral popping up everywhere. See my top picks to spring your footwear forward this season. (Pun intended!)
*Shoes that admittedly are already in my closet!
1. Ankle Cuff Block Heeled Sandal* (also in black and two-tone) || 2. Ankle Strap Wedge*
3. Suede Fringe Slides* (also in tan and a splurge in teal) || 4. Criss-Cross Block Heel*
5. Fuzzy Pink Mules (more affordable option) || 6. Pink Tennis (similar here)
7. Suede Lace-Up Pointed Flats* || 8. Embroidered Tennis || 9. Floral Print Sandals
10. Army Green Hunter Boots || 11. Fringed Chambray Espadrille (also in off-white)
12. Romantic Rose Clinger Boot (more affordable option here, also in natural)
Mother’s Day is next weekend and I thought I’d share a Gift Guide for those procrastinator’s like me. There’s still time to go out and find the perfect gift for the woman who brought you into this world, even if you have to overnight it!
1. Nuxe Shimmer Oil (a personal favorite)|| 2. French Press (also here, here & here)
3. Pink Clutch ( also here & a splurge one here) || 4. Sun Hat (also here & here)
5. Ladylike Sneakers (also here, here & a splurge pair here) || 6. Rose Gold Daisy Ring
7. Fun iphone Case (also here, here & here) ||8. Golden Wine Glasses (check out these too)
9. Pajama Set (also here & here) || 10. Her New Favorite Perfume (try this, this & this)
11. Stationary Set (similar here & here)
We took a break from decorating the nursery (formerly Scott’s gym) and grabbed a bite to eat on a patio so we could enjoy the lovely weather we’ve been having.
So far, in the nursery we have a crib and a dresser filled with a few cute onesies and things I just couldn’t resist picking up for our little guy. This past weekend, with some much-needed help from my dad, we focused on giving the space a new coat of paint, installing a new ceiling fan and hanging up some curtains. I’m so excited to start pulling the baby’s room together and will share more with you in the future.
We had a nice relaxing weekend and headed to brunch in uptown on Sunday. Brunch is seriously one of my favorite things to do, it’s such a fun social activity and I love trying out new restaurants! I’ve seriously been craving lemon ricotta pancakes ever since I saw a sign for them outside of a restaurant during our recent trip to NYC. So I tracked some down at Humboldt thanks to Yelp .
The sun was shining in Denver this weekend and it really was such a beautiful couple of days. On Sunday, Scott and I had our own little date day which was so nice to just have a laid back day to ourselves. We took the dog to the park, had lunch on a patio (followed by a stop at Dairy Queen… I mean come on, 70 degrees in April calls for a DQ Blizzard), played cornhole in our yard just the two of us (to really take advantage of the warm weather), made dinner and watched a movie. It was a perfect day! And now that we have a little one on the way, I’m really trying to cherish the one-on-one time with my husband.