May I present our newly renovated kitchen! Scott and I are definitely still in the “Do we really live here?!?” phase. We’re very happy with the results. And I’m so glad because mid-reno, when we were on our fifth week of being gypsies with a toddler and in the fourth house we were staying in, I couldn’t see an end in sight and I thought we had lost our minds. Carter did his time sleeping in a pack-n-play, and we cleaned someone else’s house each week before we packed up and moved on to the next. But now that the dust has settled, and so have we, I realize that it was all worth it and I would do it again. I believe that loving your home is important and I’m so grateful to come home to our newly updated kitchen and my family each night.
We’ve heard Two is a Zoo! So we decided to embrace the chaos and throw our little guy a wild bash fit for a pack of party animals.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, actually six weeks to be exact. But if you’re a planner like, me and want to get a jump start on shopping, look no further. I’ve put together a Gift Guide for a little something to go with those hand-printed cards and macaroni necklaces.
1. Military Jean Jacket || 2. A Pretty Apron (also here, here & here)
3. A Gorgeous Beach Towel (also in coral)
4. Mimosa Sun Hat (also comes in Off Duty, Sunkissed, Beach Bum + You, Me & the Sea )
5. Satin Slides (on sale here, similar here & a gorgeous splurge pair here)
6. A Dainty Zoe Chicco Ring (also in turquoise, and gorgeous styles here, here and here)
7. Outdoor Voices Leggings (also here, here & here)
8. The Season’s It Bag (also in natural, tortoise and black)
9. Modern Art Print (another one I love here) || 10. Hexagonal Candle (and here)
10. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick || 11. Gingham Pom Pom SunDress (also in black/ coral)
If you’re like me and avoid the Black Friday crowds at all costs, I thought I’d share my 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for those people who ate too much yesterday and would rather shop in their pajamas on the couch. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!
In my second B&B Miscellaneous installment I will continue to share little tidbits about my life lately, things I like, do, want, etc. Hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better! If you’d like to see more, check out my first installment.
I recently started reading the 5 Love Languages and although I’m not very far into the book, I’m wondering if there is a “Making A Big Deal Out of Milestones, Events and Parties” love language?! Because if so, that’s me to a T. I live to celebrate the special occasions in life… baby showers, birthday parties, bachelorette parties… sign me up! I will pin ideas, craft decorations, and be the first one there.
Carter’s first birthday party was no exception, and actually my inner party-planner took over and relished in the experience.
In celebration of my Grammy’s birthday tomorrow, and since I can’t be with her in Tucson to celebrate I’m writing a post including some of the wisdom she’s quietly bestowed over the years.
Let me first just put this out there, my grandmother is one of my very favorite people and I simply adore her. She is 80-something years old (according to her, a lady never reveals her exact age) and claims to be born on a Leap Day which would make her a quarter of her true age. She lives in the house my grandfather built during the summers and “snowbirds” in Arizona during the colder months. Grammy remains very stylish, drives a convertible, enjoys being the hostess at a local pizza parlor when in Denver and loves a good margarita. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time with my grandmother and have picked up on a few things along the way:
- Dress up for any occasion. Backyard barbeques are no excuse to look underdressed.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream can be enjoyed year-round, and must be refrigerated. Yes, refrigeration was in question at one point and my dear husband had to ingest some curdled Bailey’s to appease Grammy. Yuck!
- Put cream on your neck and always, always rub it upwards. This I’ve been told time and time again prevents wrinkles.
- Make more food than your guests can possibly eat, and then send the leftovers home with them as parting gifts.
- Scrub your elbows. There is no excuse for an ashy elbow.
- Homemade popcorn and an old movie is the perfect way to spend a night.
- Learn how to make at least one good pie for special occasions. (Lemon meringue is one of Grammy’s specialties and it’s heavenly.)
- Spend time outdoors walking or simply sitting on your back porch soaking up the beauty of nature.
- If you don’t love your first name, go by your middle.
- In writing this post, I’ve made a note to self: Take more pictures with your grandmother so you can cherish them forever.
Happy Birthday Grammy. I love you and can’t wait for you to come back to Colorado!
Here’s to all of the strong, wise women in the world from who we can learn a thing or two. May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.
In the spirit of Black Friday, I thought I’d share a little gift giving inspiration. This Holiday Gift Guide is part wish-list, part recommendation. So here’s to finding the perfect presents for the women in your life, whether they be a Jetsetter, a Fashionista, an amazing Hostess, a Fitness Junkie or perhaps a new mom.
P.S. If my friends and family are looking for something to get me this Christmas, look no further!
This weekend was spent running around prepping for Thanksgiving and I enjoyed every second of it. I absolutely love the holidays and I couldn’t be more excited to be hosting our family again. This year will be the third consecutive year that we’ve hosted Thanksgiving and it’s becoming one of my favorite traditions.