As I mentioned in my previous post, we booked a vacation to somewhere beachy and I’m dreaming of warmer climates. So although it may be a little early, in fact there is snow falling outside my window as I type this, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite floral frocks for Spring. Some which already hang in my closet, some that are lingering in my online shopping carts, and some that I just truly appreciate but will probably never have a chance to wear. I’m looking at you #5. Honestly, if my bank account could sustain it, I’d buy them all! Floral is such a feminine staple and I love to see how designers reinvent it over and over again each season. See my top picks for some Spring 2018 floral dresses.
*Dresses that admittedly are already in my closet!
Hi everyone! I’m sorry I have been so M.I.A. here on the blog but we’ve had a lot going on recently with a sick kiddo (who thankfully is doing much better), a stream of out-of-town visitors and gearing up to host Thanksgiving. Luckily, this nice weather has been giving us a chance to get outside and enjoy some fresh air, play in the park and finally rake up all of our leaves. We had a total of 16 giant bags of leaves from just our front yard! Yeesh.
With this nice weather I have been loving that I don’t have to wear tights just yet! Don’t get me wrong I love tights but since I dress up at the office and typically wear dresses and skirts to work, I feel like I live most of the fall, winter and even some spring months in tights. So it’s nice not to be forced into them with the delayed onset of cold weather here in Denver.
My trusty pleated midi skirt has been on frequent rotation this fall and I like to pair it with bare legs and pumps or pointed flats. I’ll mix in boots (and tights) as it continues to get colder. I’ve been donning pleats since I went to Catholic school, and I love that they’re really back in style now that I’m an adult.
Although it feels more like winter in Denver now than it did just last week, I wanted to share my Spring 2017 Shoe Wish List! I’ve been stocking up on nude block-heel sandals as seen on my Instagram. Typically I gravitate towards neutral shoes but I’ve also really been loving footwear with a pop of pink. Pink pairs with almost everything so try this season’s perfect pastel pink tennis shoes, rose mid-calf boots, fuchsia lace-ups, or blush mules. Spring shoes are all about the details with fringe, fur and floral popping up everywhere. See my top picks to spring your footwear forward this season. (Pun intended!)
*Shoes that admittedly are already in my closet!
1. Ankle Cuff Block Heeled Sandal* (also in black and two-tone) || 2. Ankle Strap Wedge*
3. Suede Fringe Slides* (also in tan and a splurge in teal) || 4. Criss-Cross Block Heel*
5. Fuzzy Pink Mules (more affordable option) || 6. Pink Tennis (similar here)
7. Suede Lace-Up Pointed Flats* || 8. Embroidered Tennis || 9. Floral Print Sandals
10. Army Green Hunter Boots || 11. Fringed Chambray Espadrille (also in off-white)
12. Romantic Rose Clinger Boot (more affordable option here, also in natural)
Shoulder baring tops are the ultimate summer trend and one that I definitely promote you try. There are many stylish iterations of the cold-shoulder and off-the-shoulder styles. The popular styles add an element of boho-chic design to any ensemble. Plus, bare shoulders help beat the heat without showing too much skin. See my selections for tops you need to throw a fierce cold shoulder this summer!
1. Lace Flutter Sleeve Cold Shoulder Shirt || 2. Lemon Off the Shoulder Blouse
3.Gingham Sleeve-Tie Top (also in dark black and stripes) || 4. Hot Pink Shirttail Top
5. Eyelet Top with Scalloped Hem || 6. Oversized Gingham Ruffle Top
7. Silk Floral Print Blouse (also in white) || 8. Black Cinched-Long-Sleeve Top
9. Sheer Crochet Tunic || 10. Tangerine Square-Neck Top