I say, all lace-up everything! I just added this long-sleeve ribbed dress to my rotation and I really appreciate that it’s such a classic piece. The ribbing creates a very flattering fit and I absolutely love the lace-up neckline with gold grommets. It’s so on trend yet classic, and perfect for summer and the months leading up to it.
Scott and I took some time before the baby comes to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway from San Jose to L.A. We logged 530 miles in our rental car and made some amazing stops along the way. The first leg from Monterey to Big Sur was one of my favorites.
Scott and I are headed back to Cali-Cali! We’re taking a much-needed long weekend and driving down part of the California Coastal Highway for our baby-moon. We have a bunch of great stops scheduled and I’m so excited to get away for while to explore some different parts of The Golden State.
While we’re on the West Coast we’re going to be doing a little hiking, getting in some good beach time and stopping at lots of yummy places to eat.
See my selections for everything you need to pack for a drive down Highway 1!
1. Denim Maternity Shorts || 2. Striped Ruffle Sleeve Top (similar dress option)
3. Tortoise Sunglasses || 4. Wide-Brim Straw Hat
5. Studded Espadrilles (similar here & splurge pair here) || 6. Pink Maternity Tank Dress
7. New Balance Sneakers (also in gold and pink) || 8. Drawstring Linen Pants
9. Tassel Earrings (similar here and here) || 10. Printed One-Piece Swim Suit (similar here,
here & here) || 11. Zebra Caftan (similar here & here)
The sun was shining in Denver this weekend and it really was such a beautiful couple of days. On Sunday, Scott and I had our own little date day which was so nice to just have a laid back day to ourselves. We took the dog to the park, had lunch on a patio (followed by a stop at Dairy Queen… I mean come on, 70 degrees in April calls for a DQ Blizzard), played cornhole in our yard just the two of us (to really take advantage of the warm weather), made dinner and watched a movie. It was a perfect day! And now that we have a little one on the way, I’m really trying to cherish the one-on-one time with my husband.
Now that we’ve (hopefully) seen the last snow fall in Colorado and turned the corner to consistently warmer weather, I wanted to share my Spring 2016 Shoe Wish List! Since my baby bump is ever-growing, I’ve been focusing my attention on accessories that I will be able to use even after our baby boy is here! I always love a good neutral sandal and lean towards all things metallic or animal print. See my selections for everything you need to put your best foot forward through Spring.
1. Low Leopard Wedge || 2. Gold Toe Ring Sandals
3. Frayed Denim Embellished Slides (also in black and white stripes) || 4. Metallic Sneakers
5. Metallic Crisscross Slides || 6. Natural Fringe High Heel
7. Ankle Wrap Sandal ||8. Glitter Wrap Block Heel || 9. Neutral Heels with Floral Cutouts
10. Denim Espadrille Wedge (also comes in neutral, yellow, orange and black)
11. Lace-Up Flats (also in silver and leopard) || 12. Cork Block Heel
The temperatures have really dropped here in Denver, so it’s time to bundle. And nothing screams wintry warmth like a Fair Isle sweater. It’s the perfect layer to cozy up in.
I bought this dress in Milan when I studied abroad, and thought the Fourth of July weekend was the perfect time to bring it out again!
This powder blue, tiered dress is the epitome of ladylike charm. The floral embroidery and lattice-work are simply beautiful. I love the detail! The yoke and hemline show just the right amount of skin so you don’t end up looking like sugar and spice and everything nice.
On Saturday we headed to dinner for my mother’s 60th birthday party. We’ve been celebrating all week, since it is a milestone year!
This classic business casual outfit is perfect for my 8-to-5.