Hi everyone! I’m sorry I have been so M.I.A. here on the blog but we’ve had a lot going on recently with a sick kiddo (who thankfully is doing much better), a stream of out-of-town visitors and gearing up to host Thanksgiving. Luckily, this nice weather has been giving us a chance to get outside and enjoy some fresh air, play in the park and finally rake up all of our leaves. We had a total of 16 giant bags of leaves from just our front yard! Yeesh.
With this nice weather I have been loving that I don’t have to wear tights just yet! Don’t get me wrong I love tights but since I dress up at the office and typically wear dresses and skirts to work, I feel like I live most of the fall, winter and even some spring months in tights. So it’s nice not to be forced into them with the delayed onset of cold weather here in Denver.
My trusty pleated midi skirt has been on frequent rotation this fall and I like to pair it with bare legs and pumps or pointed flats. I’ll mix in boots (and tights) as it continues to get colder. I’ve been donning pleats since I went to Catholic school, and I love that they’re really back in style now that I’m an adult.
As much as it pains me to admit that summer is coming to an end, I can cope because fall fashion. I love all of the luxe fabrics and details of the season, especially when it comes to shoes. This year is all about embellishment and texture. Pearls, velvet and updated flats reign supreme. So in honor of the first day of New York Fashion Week, I wanted to share my 2017 Fall Footwear Wish List! See my selections for everything you need to look have your feet looking fabulous through fall!
Although it feels more like winter in Denver now than it did just last week, I wanted to share my Spring 2017 Shoe Wish List! I’ve been stocking up on nude block-heel sandals as seen on my Instagram. Typically I gravitate towards neutral shoes but I’ve also really been loving footwear with a pop of pink. Pink pairs with almost everything so try this season’s perfect pastel pink tennis shoes, rose mid-calf boots, fuchsia lace-ups, or blush mules. Spring shoes are all about the details with fringe, fur and floral popping up everywhere. See my top picks to spring your footwear forward this season. (Pun intended!)
*Shoes that admittedly are already in my closet!
1. Ankle Cuff Block Heeled Sandal* (also in black and two-tone) || 2. Ankle Strap Wedge*
3. Suede Fringe Slides* (also in tan and a splurge in teal) || 4. Criss-Cross Block Heel*
5. Fuzzy Pink Mules (more affordable option) || 6. Pink Tennis (similar here)
7. Suede Lace-Up Pointed Flats* || 8. Embroidered Tennis || 9. Floral Print Sandals
10. Army Green Hunter Boots || 11. Fringed Chambray Espadrille (also in off-white)
12. Romantic Rose Clinger Boot (more affordable option here, also in natural)
Mother’s Day is next weekend and I thought I’d share a Gift Guide for those procrastinator’s like me. There’s still time to go out and find the perfect gift for the woman who brought you into this world, even if you have to overnight it!
1. Nuxe Shimmer Oil (a personal favorite)|| 2. French Press (also here, here & here)
3. Pink Clutch ( also here & a splurge one here) || 4. Sun Hat (also here & here)
5. Ladylike Sneakers (also here, here & a splurge pair here) || 6. Rose Gold Daisy Ring
7. Fun iphone Case (also here, here & here) ||8. Golden Wine Glasses (check out these too)
9. Pajama Set (also here & here) || 10. Her New Favorite Perfume (try this, this & this)
11. Stationary Set (similar here & here)
The sun was shining in Denver this weekend and it really was such a beautiful couple of days. On Sunday, Scott and I had our own little date day which was so nice to just have a laid back day to ourselves. We took the dog to the park, had lunch on a patio (followed by a stop at Dairy Queen… I mean come on, 70 degrees in April calls for a DQ Blizzard), played cornhole in our yard just the two of us (to really take advantage of the warm weather), made dinner and watched a movie. It was a perfect day! And now that we have a little one on the way, I’m really trying to cherish the one-on-one time with my husband.
Leather leggings instantly give an outfit a bit of rocker-chic edge. Leather in general is a sumptuous material and wearing leather pants will provide an uberglam update to any look.