I am happy to announce that my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award… twice! I was originally nominated by Laura of itslalaflutterby and then recently by Rebekah of Moments of a Mermaid!
What is a Liebster Award you may ask?! I wasn’t entirely sure myself as I’m still pretty new to the world of blogging, so I did my research and found out that The Liebster Award is a way for new bloggers to create connections and empower each other. I’m so grateful to be nominated by both of these amazing bloggers. Thank you!
The Rules of The Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions About Me from Laura of itslalaflutterby:
1) Why did you start your blog?
I started Balenciaga & Bubbles as a creative release and an inspiration to attack my wardrobe with a more innovative abandon. I wanted to reimagine my closet and create new outfits. I hope that this blog inspires other people to do the same.
2) What is Your Favorite Drink?
3) If you could only eat in one restaurant for the rest of your life what one would you pick?
My favorite restaurant is in Florence. Gold View Open Bar is near the Ponte Vecchio, has incredible food and a champagne bar!
4) Upcycling or Buying New?
I’m all about buying new. My name is Libby and I’m a shopaholic. I love the mall, boutiques and online shopping. But recently I’ve also been diving into the realm of consignment and vintage and have enjoyed it all the same.
5) Where is your dream vacation destination?
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am dying to go to Tahiti. My husband and I even have a separate savings account specifically for that trip. Here’s looking at you 2017!
6) Who is your ultimate inspiration?
My Grammy and Olivia Palermo. My Grammy because she is a strong, independent woman with a great sense of humor and fashion. And O.P. can do no wrong in my mind!
7) What is your favorite form of Social Media?
I’m obsessed with Instagram. Pretty pictures and witty captions, sign me up! Follow me @balenciagaandbubbles
8) What would be your Ultimate Sunday?
My ultimate Sunday would be a mimosa brunch on a patio with a small group of friends, then an afternoon at the pool followed by a nap and then cooking with my husband while we drink wine and catch up on our shows. (If we’re going for the “Ultimate Sunday” I’d prefer that Monday be a holiday, so my standard Sunday-night-blues don’t kick in.)
9) Are you a dog or cat person?
Dogs. They’re always happy to see you. Here is a picture of our black lab Charlie. What’s not to love about his sweet face?!
10) What is your favorite Season?
Summer is hands down my favorite season. I love the long days, time spent at the pool, BBQ’s, tan lines, the smell of fresh cut grass… I could go on and on.
11) Cocktails or Beer?
Cocktails… right now I’m loving John Daly’s as seen in a recent blog post from Pittsburgh.
Questions About Me From Rebekah of Moments of a Mermaid:
1. Supernatural or Sherlock?
Those are TV shows, right?! I don’t watch either.
2. What is your favorite lipstick?
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu or Majella
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Luxury Hotel Reviewer. I’ve been bitten by the travel bug and I would love to be paid to see the world while staying in swanky settings! (I’ve even applied for such positions to no avail.)
4. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere on the beach…
5. Have you ever met anyone famous before?
I met the speed skater Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno in an airport security line.
6. What do you love most about blogging?
I love the creative outlet blogging provides. I can write about anything I choose… I just so choose fashion, champagne and travel to be my main topics.
7. Who is your favorite musician/band?
That’s a tough one… I have an eclectic taste in music to say the least but if I had to choose a favorite it would be Eric Clapton. His music reminds me of growing up, to me he’s classic.
8. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ice cream cake!
9. What is your favorite candle scent?
Lush by Deco Candles… it’s a mango guava combination. We sell it at the spa my husband and I own and it’s amazing!
10. What do you like to do to relax?
Exercise. Nap. Shop. Spa.
Questions for My Nominees:
- If you could stay one age forever, what would it be and why?
2. If you could buy one investment piece for your wardrobe tomorrow, no matter the price, what would it be?
3. Heels or flats?
4. Red or white wine? Or bubbles?
5. City, beach or mountain vacation? Top contenders?
6. What was your first Instagram post?
7. What’s your signature dish?
8. What piece of jewelry can’t you live without?
9. Where have you lived?
10. What is your favorite holiday and what special tradition(s) do you do for said holiday?
11. What’s the last event you were at that called for celebration with champagne?
Thanks again to Laura and Rebekah for nominating me!
2 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Love your answer to my questions Libby! I just had my 22nd birthday so my bubbles were drank! Looking forward to reading your future posts 🙂
Happy belated birthday! That sounds like the perfect occasion for bubbles!