We spent our last days in Italy on the island of Capri and it was truly amazing. Capri is a short ferry ride away from Positano and very easy to visit, even if just for a day trip. The island is truly a paradise with beautiful scenery at every turn, enticing boutiques and plenty of tasty ristorantes.
This palm print romper is my favorite purchase of the summer. I went a little bit out of my comfort zone with the deep-v neckline, which really adds some sass. The cut-out back is adorable and the side flaps help to give the romper a little more of a feminine shape. The silhouette is almost like the skort of rompers! The palm print is perfect for any tropical locale. It also comes in black, blush pink, stripes and floral print. I’m so in love, I may just have to buy another color!
Paired with a locally purchased straw hat to keep the rays off my face. The classic Panama style hat goes with almost everything and is a must have in my book.
We took a private boat tour of the island and came ashore at La Fontelina Beach Club. Not a bad place to spend the afternoon! The beach club looks over the famous rock formations of Capri known as the Faraglioni. On our way in our skipper even sailed through the famous stone archway. The entire experience is something I will never forget!
Other fun things to do in Capri:
- People watch at Al Piccolo Bar in the main square known as La Piazzetta. It’s the social center of Capri and a great place to take in the the fashion scene and culture of the island. (Make sure to try the Planter’s Punch.)
- Dine at Da Paolino under the groves of lemon trees. I would suggest making a reservation at least a few days in advance as it’s very popular.
- Enjoy the cuisine and views of the Faraglioni at Ristorante il Geranio, situated near the Gardens of Augustus.
- Buonocore Gelateria serves up the most amazing waffle cones hot off the waffle iron. I’m obsessed with their pistachio and caffe flavored gelato. It’s conveniently located right of La Piazzetta, so it’s easy to swing by as many times as you like!
- Ride in a convertible taxi, preferably a pink one.
- Try your best to reserve the balcony table at Pulalli Wine Bar. We got very lucky and stumbled upon this amazing table with a view of the Mariana Grande, seated right next to the clock tower! (The perfect location for sunset.)
- Visit Anacapri and take the chair lift to the top of Monte Solaro. The summit is the tallest point of Capri with incredible ocean views. You’ll feel like you can touch the clouds. Be forewarned the chair lift is a one-seater and takes 13 minutes each way!
- Tour Villa San Michele. It is one of the most beautiful villas in all of Italy, overlooking the sea from the cliffs of Anacapri. In these pictures I’m wearing another great romper reviewed in previous post from at trip to Pittsburgh earlier this summer.
- Rent a private boat to take you around the island so you can see all of the grottos including the famous Grotta Azzurra. Make sure your skipper sails through the Faragolini and let’s you swim off the coast in the sea!
Similar styles can be found:
Palm Print – Try this High-Waisted Lucy Paris Palm Print Skirt, and perhaps pair it with this corresponding Lucy Paris cropped, off-the-shoulder top if you’re daring! Other great palm print options include: this Topshop Slip Dress, a Strapless Palm Print Romper and this Palm Print Skirt.